11.7.13

Book Review: Reflected in You by Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction...my every desire... mine.
My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.
We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession. 
Gideon and Eva's story continues in Reflected In You. Eva's past come backs to haunt them both and Gideon offers Eva a few glimpses of his devastating history. They are still deeply in love and unable to keep their hands off each other. Gideon will do anything not to lose Eva but even she perhaps is unaware as to how far he will go.
I found Gideon infuriating in this book; it feels like he expects a lot from Eva but isn't prepared to give as much back. Sylvia Day alludes to his past experiences but there were times when it felt as though he purposely antagonised Eva, spent ages apologising only to go and do it all over again.
Eva and Gideon are bad news for each other in so many ways but they are also each others' saviour. This interests me most in the book; they are almost wary of each other yet can't bear to be apart.
Toward the end of the book we learn a little about Gideon's past. I did kind of wonder why it has taken him so long to share it with Eva when she has been so honest from the beginning.
I think and hope we will discover more about Gideon in the next book. I will definitely continue with this series; the relationship between Gideon and Eva is fascinating and leaves you wanting more.

Dot Scribbles Rating: 3.75/5
Pages: 357
Publisher: Penguin

Many thanks to Penguin for sending me a copy of the book to review, it is out now! 

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...