8.2.11

Book Review: A Valentine's Kiss by Lucie Hart

At a house party in the South of France, trainee chef Imogen finds herself playing Blind Man's Buff with a host of impossibly handsome men. And then one of them kisses her.
It's the most perfect kiss she's ever experienced in her- frankly romantically disappointing life. But by the time she recovers her wits sufficiently to remove her blindfold her mystery kisser has disappeared.
Could her Prince Charming be one of her fellow chefs, Dimitri or Bastien? Both are clearly interested in her. And then there's the American visitors- Archer and Everett. Only Imogen can't just keep kissing men until she finds the right one- can she?
When this book arrived I was a little disappointed with the cover and I did wonder if it would be any good. Turns out that this book was right up my street! I don't really blog about it much but I love cooking so to have a trainee chef as the main character was brilliant.
Imogen has led quite a sheltered life and  has always been in the shadow of her demanding siblings. She can't believe her luck when she is offered a summer position in the kitchen of Monsieur Boudin's award winning restaurant in Saint-Jean-les-Carris. Imogen and her loyal dog Monty set off to the South of France in search of new experiences.
Monsieur Boudin runs a very tight ship and Imogen wants to impress him as much as he can. Dimitri and Bastien also work in the kitchen and soon make it clear that their interest in Imogen is much more than a professional one.
Imogen makes many friends and Bunny, a lovely and wealthy American asks her to cater for the lavish Valentine's party that she is hosting. It is at this party where Imogen is kissed by the mysterious man. The rest of the book follows Imogen as she tries to discover the kisser's identity. So follows many funny moments and plenty of kissing.
Lucie hart has written a really heart warming story. Whilst I did enjoy Imogen searching for her mysterious admirer; I enjoyed seeing her develop as a person even more. Imogen literally blossoms during her summer away. She can finally be true to herself and follow the career that she is passionate about. All of this gives her the confidence to pursue her admirer so she can find out what will happen next.
A Valentine's Kiss is a really enjoyable book; I didn't fall in love with the cover but what was inside more than made up for it.

Many thanks to Ebury Press for sending me a review copy, the book is out now!

5 comments:

Dot said...

Sabrina- Thank you, it was a really enjoyable read!

Chloe @chicklitreviews.com said...

Nice to read a different opinion of it, I wasn't overly keen, I gave it 3/5!

Dot said...

Chloe- I think it was the chef element that did it for me! Loved hearing all about the food!

Charlie said...

That's two books back to back that you've got me interested in. I'll have to have a look for this one!

Dot said...

Charlie- Glad to be of service!!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...