3.6.10

Book Review: My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey


Solange Drake is a 15 year old vampire with a difference. She is the only female vampire born rather than initiated. As she is approaching her 16th birthday a bounty has been placed on her head by other vampire tribes who want her blood to become part of their lineage. Lucy is a human and fiercely protective best friend of Solange; along with Solange's older brothers she has to do everything she can to protect her. Meanwhile Lucy is having to resist the advances of Solange's brother Nicholas, she usually finds him extremely irritating but things have changed, what happens if she falls for a vampire?
My Love Lies Bleeding is the first in the series of The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. I do like a book with vampires and a bit of angst so this one was perfect. I read it in one sitting on my flight home from Malta at the weekend and it was a very good way of passing three hours.
I did find the character of Lucy a little irritating, she was a little too over protective of Solange and at times I felt like telling her to back off. However, I did enjoy the aspect of the book that dealt with Lucy and Nicholas' relationship. Alyxandra Harvey created so much tension between these two and it will be interesting to see how this develops in the other books in the series.

Many Thanks to Bloomsbury for sending me a copy of this book to review.

My Love Lies Bleeding is already out in shops and Blood Feud, the second in the series will be published on 5th July, 2010.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this one on my shelf to read. It does sound good! :)

Dot said...

Book Chick City- I couldn't put it down, looking forward to starting the next one.

Vicki said...

I liked this enough, but I agree, lucy is highly irritating, I wanted to shout 'butt out!' at her.

Dot said...

Rhiana- Glad it wasn't just me then! I'm hoping she is less annoying in the next one!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...