4.6.10

Book Review: Girl 16: Five Star Fiasco by Sue Limb


Jess and Fred are an item! Finally! Now they can spend every moment perfecting their comedy routines together. But the path of true romance is a rocky one and Fred is becoming increasingly distant... In fact so distant that he and Jess are no longer on speaking terms. What on earth is going on? Can Jess and Fred stop a fab, five -star friendship turning into a five-star fiasco?

This book is published on 7th June and follows 16 year old Jess Jordan as she struggles to juggle her new relationship with Fred plus the burden of organising the charity Valentine's Dinner Dance.
I liked the character of Jess and I really enjoyed the relationship that she had with her mum and dad who are divorced. She has to support her mum's online dating habit plus provide a shoulder to lean on when her Dad's long term relationship hits the rocks.
To be honest, this book was a little too young for me but I think that it would definitely appeal to readers ages 14 and above. Jess Jordan is a very accessible character and I am sure this will be a popular series.

Many thanks to Bloomsbury for sending me a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...