2.10.09

Super Thursday!


So it was Super Thursday yesterday!! Apparently nearly 800 books have been published just in time for Christmas! So what took your fancy then? I didn't go to the shops yesterday but I did have a good look on the Internet to see what might happen to accidentally fall into my shopping basket at the weekend! At the moment I have quite a few books on my wish list, it's my birthday this month though so I am hoping that some of them will be finding their way to my bookcase!
Top of my list is The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern, I have loved all of her books so far and this one sounds just as good, she brings a real fairy-tale element to her stories yet they are still entirely believable. I am really looking forward to reading Heaven Can Wait by Cally Taylor, this hasn't been published yet but it sounds like it's going to be a really good read and the cover is gorgeous! I've heard really good things about Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger so that is on the list too, as well as Kate Harrison's The Secret Shopper Unwrapped and of course Marian Keye's new book which is out at the end of the month, The Brightest Star in the Sky!! It's going to be a good winter for reading this year, lots of lovely new books to choose from!!

5 comments:

Bluebell said...

Hi Dot,

Thanks for always stopping by my blog! It is so appreciated!

By the way I meant to have commented on one of your earlier posts but guess I just forgot, it was the review of Memoirs are made of this, I meant to say that I have that and have been meaning to read it for ages. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Oh, the book of tomorrow, I want that so bad, but there are other books I have to get first. Bookbuying is so addictive!

Kim said...

Cecilia Ahern's books always seem to beckon to me when I visit the bookshop, but I haven't picked one up so far, perhaps I should.
Can't think about Christmas yet, although it will be here really soon, no doubt.
Started to read The Woman in White yesterday, and am now 170 pages in and can't put it down! We had a takeaway for dinner last night! Oh dear Dot, my poor husband! I can feel a Wilkie Collins fest coming on ;)

Dot said...

Amy- you're welcome, I really enjoy reading your posts! Bookbuying is very, very addictive, I have had pile of books waiting to be read but I still want more!

Kim- Cecilia Ahern's books are lovely, some people don't like the fairytale element of them but that is what I enjoy the most! Glad you're enjoying The Woman In White, I'm hooked too! Only popping on quickly this morning but I have got your lovely email and I will definitely reply this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the cover for the book of Tomorrow but I'm not sure I'll like it. I didn't like the writing style in P.S.I love you but then i could give her books a second try.

Dot said...

Violet- The style in her other books is quite different from P.S. I Love You. I actually didn't mind that style but all her books after that one are different, I do really like them!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...