26.3.09

Booking Through Thursday: Best Bad Book?



The opposite of last week’s question: “What’s the best ‘worst’ book you’ve ever read — the one you like despite some negative reviews or features?”

Hmmmm this is quite tough as it is very much down to personal opinion isn't it? Personally I think that Twilight is the best 'worst' book that I have read recently. The whole saga has sold millions of copies yet it still receives many an awful review. When I reviewed it myself here not so long ago, I agreed that it is not in anyway a literary masterpiece but in my personal opinion this does not make it a bad book. I loved the story and I think that Meyer created absolutely wonderful characters; they are the driving force of the book and I was completely taken with them. (Sorry about the italics, my computer will not change them back for some reason!)


11 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, I choose the same one as my answer

Savidge Reads said...

I couldnt actually choose one which was weird it just made me think what deems a book to be bad?

I didnt like Twilight sadly, I wanted to it just didnt work, but thats whats so great about books... the discussion!

marineko said...

I think Twilight is probably one of my best bad books as well.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your review. I liked 'Twilight' but I haven't read the rest of the series yet. I also liked the movie.

Jess said...

I agree -- I thought Twilight was great and it sucked me into reading the rest of the series. Too bad the more I read the more I disliked the series.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the twilight series too. I think they are perfect for escapism. And also it's a great way to introduce teenagers to reading. My sister's one of the first books was Twilight and now I am slowly introducing her to new books...

Cackleberry Homestead said...

I didn't think about twillight but I agree - I have heard all the bad and honestly I loved the stories.

Robin M said...

I liked twilight and the whole series as well. It was written for the ya market after all, so just kept reminding myself of that while read it. However, I enjoy a lot of ya fiction. My post is up now
here

Anonymous said...

The fuss about Twilight (as well as many bestsellers) just confounds me. :)

Desert Rose said...

I choose Twilight too, well plus The DaVinci Code :)

Andrea said...

I LOVED Twilight! I didn't put that as much answer, just because I can't think of it as a "bad" book!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...