2.7.10

Book Review: Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey + Free Book!!

It's been centureis since Isabeu St. Croix survived the French Revolution . Now she's made her way back to the living, and must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who turned her into a vampire and left her buried for two hundred years. That's if she can control her affetion for Logan Drake, a vampire whose bite is as sweet as the revenge she seeks.
This is the second book in the Drake Chronicles, I loved My Love Lies Bleeding but sadly this one just didn't do it for me. I'm not sure what it was as I still very much enjoyed Alyxandra Harvey's wriritng style. I just found it really hard to get into the story of Isabeu. Myabe it is becasue she is a relatively new character; I founfd myself wanting to know more about Solange and Lucy and Nicholas who we had been so closely following in the first book. Isabeau and Logan's relationship was interesting but it was nowhere as near as intense as the relationship im the first book of the series.
Please don't let my review put you off as I still think that this is a really good series and I shall be reading the third book to find out what happens next.

Thank you to Bloomsbury for sending me a copy of this book, Blood Feud is published on Monday, 5th July.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As I said, I really loved My Love Lies Bleeding, the lovely people at Bloomsbury are giving away the first book in the series. For 24 hours from midday on Monday July 5th if you click HERE then you will be able to download the book for free, how good is that!!

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...