21.5.19

BOOK REVIEW: The Effortless Mind by Will Williams

Forget everything you thought you knew about meditation...
The Effortless Mind is renowned meditation teacher Will Williams' must-have guide for modern-day meditators. In his quest to overcome chronic stress and insomnia, Will undertook years of research and training  with the world's leading experts, which led him to find the cure he was looking for in Beeja meditation.
Will explains how this ancient technique has transformed the lives of his students- busy people of all ages and backgrounds. This isn't a restrictive, esoteric technique reserved only for those renouncing society and running away to the Himalayas; this is about enabling people to live their full potential- right here, right now- so they can feel happier, calmer and more engaged with life.

Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Pages: 336

The Effortless Mind by Will Williams presents Vedic meditation which can be practiced by anyone, anywhere for twenty minutes, twice a day. I have tried some forms of meditation during my yoga practice but this is the first book that I have read about the subject. Will Williams turned to meditation to cure his chronic insomnia so part of this book is very much a personal story. Will now teaches his technique to people all over the world with startling and highly successful results. I enjoyed reading about Will's own journey but one of my favourite parts of the book was the many real-life stories that it detailed. I often shy away from any kind of self-help book as I find that they very much apply to the author's situation and point-of-view only. The Effortless Mind is different in that is shows a myriad of different people using Will's methods successfully. They all had different reasons and I was quite surprised by some of the people who so
ught out this alternative method. The end result is the same though, they all find a way to cope with their problems and this is a very hopeful message. We live in an increasingly stressful world and there are so many options out there for combating stress but Will's way is so simple and that is the beauty of it; you don't need any fancy equipment or to attend any classes or courses. It is something you can do in the course of your day wherever you feel comfortable.
I know that The Effortless Mind is a book that I will be recommending to many people. Williams has made meditation both accessible and appealing. If it is a subject that you would like to know more about but didn't know where to start then I urge you to start right here!

Many thanks to Midas PR and Simon & Schuster for sending me a copy of the book to review. 

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...