20.2.18

BOOK REVIEW: Genuine Fraud by E.Lockhart

Imogen is a runaway heiress, an orphan, a cook and a cheat.
Jule is a fighter, a social chameleon and an athlete.
Imogen and Jule, Jule and Imogen.
An intense friendship. A disappearance. A murder or maybe two. A bad romance or maybe three. Blunt objects, disguises, blood and chocolate. The American dream, superheroes, spies and villains. A girl who refuses to be the person she once was.
A girl who is a genuine fraud...

Publisher: Hot Key Books
Pages: 262

E. Lockhart had written nine novels, her previous book, We Were Liars was a huge success and became a New York Times bestseller. However, Genuine Fraud is the first books I have read by this author and it really was like nothing I have read before. Part psychological thriller, part action movie, Genuine Fraud is fast-paced, edgy and different.
I can't really go into the plot as it would be too easy to give away spoilers for others. For me, I thought that the book was very much about identity and what we do or don't expect from the people we surround ourselves with.
I found the writing to be very snappy, it gave it quite a cinematic feel as each chapter was like a short, fast-paced scene with a lot packed in to- this then makes it highly addictive and you want to keep reading.
I am more than aware that this review does not give you a lot to go on but I would recommend giving it a go. If I hadn't been sent this book to review then I possibly would not have chosen it in a book shop and that would be a great shame.

Many thanks to Hot Key books for sending me a copy to review. 

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...