15.7.10

Book Review: Wicked Games by Sasha Wagstaff

Debonair and dynamic, millionaire Judd Harrington has returned from LA a glittering success. But as he stares across the valley at Lochlin Maguire's beautiful country house, all he can think of is revenge.
Meanwhile Judd's arch-rival has troubles of his own. Lochlin's record label is losing major talent to an unknown competitor, his wife Tavvy is distracted and he can't seem to see eye to eye with his son Shay.
Ubenknownst to Lochlin, his talented singer daughter Iris has fallen for irresistible racing driver Ace Harrington in LA. Ace is under orders from Judd to break Iris's heart. What he hadn't bargained for was losing his own in the process. Can he go against his father's wishes? Or will Judd's wicked games ruin love's young dream?
OK, I am sorry to be really gushing but I thought this book was brilliant! Let me give you an idea of what Sasha Wagstaff has packed into her story: Love, glamour, revenge, rock stars, LA, New York, London, racing drivers, affairs, greed, domestic abuse, record deals, beautiful mansions, power and rivalry. Phew, quite a lot isn't it, I couldn't put it down, I just wanted to know more and more.
The characters that Sasha Wagstaff has created are really believable as well, although Judd is the bad guy she does not make Lochlin out to be Mr Perfect either. But Judd has to be one of my favourite villains of the year, he is just vile, at first I thought that she had created a stereo-typical bad guy, womanising and demoralising others but as the book goes on you start to see that he is really vile and hell bent on revenge. By pitting the two families together Sasha Wagstaff is able to bring in several story lines which keep you turning the pages but they all come together so it doesn't get confusing at any point.
I really did love this book, I'm going to check out her previous one Changing Grooms as I imagine it will be just as good!

Many thanks to Helena at Headline for sending me a copy to review, Wicked Games is published today.

7 comments:

wishnutama said...

hello, warm greeting ^^!
would you mind to give comment on my blog?

thank you.

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

great review and im glad too i just ordered this so its nice to hear it was a good read

Hope your well!!

Dot said...

The Readings of a Busy Mom- I hope you like it, I thought it was so good!

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

Great review! Very interesting story! I like such characters, they make a story dynamic, I think.

Dot said...

Irena- thanks! There are some very dynamic characters in this one!!

Kim said...

Thanks for the review, Dot, this one sounds really interesting and the cover's nice too! I will be looking out for it.

Dot said...

Kim- Think you would like this one, it's a proper page turner!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...