8.7.10

Book Review: I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk

I Heart Paris is the third book in the I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk, I haven't read the other two but I shall be catching up with them as I really enjoyed this one.
Angela Clarke is on her adventures again, her boyfriend Alex who is in a rock band asks her to go on a week long trip to Paris where he has a gig, at the same time, the ultra trendy Belle magazine ask Angela to do a travel piece so it's not long before she is packing her bags and heading for the airport. Things however do not go smoothly, Angela falls in love with Paris but everything is against her. Someone is trying to sabotage her article and then Alex's gorgeous Parisian ex-girlfriend shows up. Angela is very tempted to run away back to her old life in London; she has to decide if what she wants is worth fighting for.
Lindsey Kelk has written a brilliant book, I really loved the character of Angela Clarke, she feels very real but incredibly entertaining at the same time. She is placed into so many difficult situations throughout the book and I loved wondering how she was going to get out of the latest one.
This book very much made me want to go to Paris again; I wanted to wander around with Angela, visiting the beautiful shops and bustling cafes. If you are looking for a good, entertaining read then I would highly recommend this one. As I said, don't need to have read the other two in the series to understand I Heart Paris. I am going to read the previous ones though as I would love to know about the adventures that Angela has already got up to!

Many thanks to the lovely people at Harper for sending me a copy to review, this book is published today.

10 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

This sounds very lovely and fun to read! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Dot said...

Irena- It is such a good book!

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

*sigh im a sucker for a good sounding book...and this is one of those books

Great Review

The Blog

Dot said...

Ayesha- Thank you, I thought this one was brilliant, perfect summery read!

Kim said...

This sounds realy good, Dot, I love Paris and so that is a bonus. I will definitiely be looking out for the I Heart books. Thanks for your review.

Dot said...

Kim- I really enjoyed this one and the publishers have just sent me the two previous ones which was very lovely of them!

Unknown said...

This sounds really good. Have just bought August's Glamour and I Heart New York is the freebie! Hope that's as good as this one sounds!x

Dot said...

Boris- I haven't read the previous two but have just been sent them, hope that you like I Heart New York, I bet it will be just as good as this one!

Rea's Book Reviews said...

I loved this one. Have just found your blog and looks like you read similar books to me so will be popping over to read your review updates !!!xx

Dot said...

Reabookreview- ah that's good to hear, thanks for visiting my blog!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...