28.5.09

Friday Favourites


I have noticed that my Internet Favourites folder has got increasingly bigger recently so thought that I would share some of my favourite favourite's with you!

  • Domestic Sluttery- I love this site! They do a little bit of everything, home ideas, food and drink (brilliant cocktail recipes!), Etsy picks, fashion. Basically there are a lot of lovely, sparkly items on here for you to lust after!
  • Bronte Blog- I came across this only the other day, embarrassingly I did not know that it existed. If you are a Bronte fan then you should definitely take some time to have a look around. They have all the history plus loads of information about upcoming books, movies and TV adaptations. It really is a jam packed blog which is updated all the time.
  • Still Reading- This is Kim's blog and she is writing all the way from Hong Kong which without all of the book reviews, is worth reading about anyway! Kim has recommended some brilliant books for me recently and I know that she has just had trip to the book shop so you should go and see what she will be reading next.
  • Pop Sugar- This is very much a guilty pleasure! It is pure celebrity trash and highly addictive. I don't really buy magazines anymore so I tend to get my celebrity fix on here. Plus they tend to run a lot of pictures of Robert Pattinson who I am not adverse to looking at so brownie points all round!
  • Chick Lit Reviews & News- I only discovered this blog this week but I think it's great! Chloe and Leah review all things chick lit and keep their readers up to date with release dates for all the new books coming out. If you are partial to a chick lit book or two then their blog is worth taking a good look at.

4 comments:

Kim said...

So glad to hear you enjoy my blog. I am happy you take the time to visit and to leave comments, thank you. I have benefited enormously from your recommendations, too, not least of all as you introduced me to the wonderful world of Daphne du Maurier and now I'm hooked! I scarfed down Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel in less than a week and was delighted with them both.
I have a confession to make. Even though I made a bookshop haul on Thursday, I also bought two more books on Friday :) I was passing the village bookshop trying not to look in the window, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a book by Lisa Jewell, just sitting there (Vince and Joy). I recognised her name because of your recent review of The Truth About Melody Browne and remembered that you said how much you love her books. I stepped inside the shop determined to stay focused only on the Jewell book, but whilst I was reaching to get it, I spotted Wally Lamb, She's Come Undone.....tell me, what could I do? What would you have done? :)
Your blog is great, Dot and I look forward to reading more of your excellent reviews.

Leah said...

Hi Dot

Thanks so much for mentioning chicklitreviews as one of your favourites, we really appreciate that.

If you would ever like to have a review posted on our site just email the review to chicklitreviews.wordpress.com

Leah x

Dot said...

Kim- Thank you! I'm really looking forward to reading your reviews on all these new books! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Leah- Thank you, I definitely will in the future!

Chloe said...

Thanks for the shout-out Dot! x

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...