13.1.09

The Love of her Life by Harriet Evans


I have read Harriet Evan's other two books and enjoyed them so I was really looking forward to this one. I was not disappointed and read this one in two days as I just could not put it down!

The central character is Kate Miller who has lived in New York for the past three years, however, she has to return to London to see her father who is very ill. By returning she has to face up to everything and everyone that she ran away from. It is ultimately a story of love and friendship, it explores the bonds that we create with people and how love and true friendship can stand most tests of life.

Evans is very good at drawing you in with little snippets of information so that you keep turning the pages to get more. This was a very good story, very poignant in places but also extremely light hearted. I would recommend this and any other of Harriet Evan's books.

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...