6.11.08

Presents


What, if any, memorable or special book have you ever gotten as a present? Birthday or otherwise. What made it so notable? The person who gave it? The book itself? The “gift aura?”

I am very lucky in that people know how much I like reading so I often get books for presents. I love it when you can tell that people have really thought about whether a book is suitable for you rather than just picking something from the bestseller list!

The most special book that I have been given recently was from my beautiful sister and her husband- I think it is probably the most special non-fiction book that I have ever been given. I have a bit of a thing for the chef Marco Pierre-White, I personally think that the man is a genius and I find him quite easy on the eye as well. I think he is a bit like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. Anway I digress a bit, my sister bless her, found out that he was signing copies of his new recipe book in Selfridges! So she dutifully queued up and had lots of pictures taken (very,very jealous) and she told him that I was a bit down at the moment and he wrote a really lovely message in there. So really a lot of effort went into making it a really lovely present and a present that I will get alot of use out of too!

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You have a thoughtful sister and a special book/memory! Happy Booking Through Thursday.

Chrisbookarama said...

What a sweet thing for your sister to do.

Marie Cloutier said...

that's awesome! how sweet of your sister to get you such a special, personalized book :-)

gautami tripathy said...

Our siblings know us best!

Booking through presents

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...