4.2.20

BOOK REVIEW: The Flat Share by Beth O'Leary

Tiffy Moore needs a cheap flat, and fast. Leon Twomey works nights and needs cash. Their friends think they’re crazy, but it’s the perfect solution: Leon occupies the one-bed flat while Tiffy’s at work in the day, and she has the run of the place the rest of the time.
But with obsessive ex-boyfriends, demanding clients at work, wrongly imprisoned brothers and, of course, the fact that they still haven’t met yet, they’re about to discover that if you want the perfect home you need to throw the rulebook out the window…
Publisher: Quercus
Pages: 391
I loved this book! I’m so glad that I finally gave in and bought a copy as it is a fantastic read! 
Tiffy and Leon share a bed in Leon’s London flat; he works nights as a nurse in a hospice and Tiffy has a 9-5 job as a book editor. They have never actually met but they communicate by leaving post-it notes in the flat plus various offerings of food for each other. Their unconventional relationship grows until they have to meet face to face, will their first encounter meet the expectations they have of each other or will it be a huge disappointment?
You cannot help but fall in love with these characters. I felt as though I knew Tiffy and Leon by inside out by the end of the book and I was sad to say goodbye when I reached the final chapter. They are so well matched and bring out the best in each other even when their only contact is handwritten notes.
Beth O’Leary gets the balance just right within the story, it reminded me of Marian Keyes’ fabulous books. There is a great deal of humour and wit beautifully balanced with hard-hitting issues and emotions. I’ll be honest, I had not expected such serious sub-plots and these really raise the book up. Beth O’Leary deals with difficult topics with sincerity, weaving them within her plot effortlessly.
I really enjoyed how each chapter was told from either Leon or Tiffy’s perspective, it keeps your interest and you get to know each character really well in this way. 
The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary is a wonderful debut and I know she has another book due out next year which I can’t wait to get my hands on! 

2 comments:

Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

Plus, making money with it is as simple as 1...2...3!

Here's how it works...

STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products the system will advertise
STEP 2. Add some push button traffic (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products all by itself!

Do you want to start making money???

You can test-drive the system for yourself risk free...

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...