28.8.19

BOOK REVIEW: Sweetpea by C.J. Skuse

Rhinannon Lewis might seem like the average girl next door, but she’s got a killer secret. Although her  childhood was haunted by a famous crime, Rhinannon’s celebrity has dwindled. By day her job at a newspaper is demeaning and unsatisfying. By evening she dutifully listens to her friend’s wedding plans whilst secretly making a list. A kill list.From the man at the supermarket who mishandles her apples, to the people who have got it coming. Rhinanno’s ready to get her revenge.Because the girl everyone overlooks might be able to get away with murder…

Publisher: HQ
Pages: 472


The fabulous Victoria Loves Books recommended these books to me and as usual, she was spot on. When I posted a picture online that I had bought the first two, I had several comments saying that they are Marmite books, you either love or hate them. Well, I love them, Sweetpea is a fantastic read and I can’t wait to start the second installment. 
If you are a fan of Killing Eve then you would enjoy this. However, I have to say that I was impressed that C.J Skuse made Vilanelle look a little tame compared to Rhinannon. 
Rhinannon Lewis is a fabulous creation, she does some despicable things within this book but you can’t help but like her. Plus I have to say that I completely agreed with some of her kill list choices. 
Sweetpea is dark, witty and has an excellent plot that is superbly paced. Written almost as short diary entries, it is quite cinematic as each entry is like a small snapshot or short scene. 
Sweetpea ends on a true cliff-hanger and I’m so excited to find out what happens to Rhiannon next. 
I can highly recommend these books. I have quite a dry sense of humour and there were so many times that I found myself laughing out loud. I say give them a try! 

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...