21.12.16

BOOK REVIEW: A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn

One Christmas party. Two merging companies. Free-flowing champagne. What could possibly go wrong?
With her new billionaire boss in town, Sophie is determined to swap the No-Jobs she meets on Tinder for her very own Steve Jobs. But will looking like a million dollars be enough to kick start a Fifty Shades adventure?
A ring in his pocket and dressed to kill, Callum's planning to get down on one knee, though if Mia doesn't say yes, he's not sure he;ll ever get back up.
Julie's got a surprise for Mark- though it's something she's not even sure she wants. Meanwhile Mark's got another choice to make: the love of his life or the opportunity of a lifetime?
With his job on the line, and the ex who broke his heart back on the scene, Nathan's day is becoming a nightmare. But he's about to meet the woman of his dreams.
This year's office party should be a night to remember- but for five of Seek Software's employees, it might be one they'd sooner forget. 

Publisher: Lake Union Publishing
Pages: 364


A Christmas Day at the Office is a great festive read from Matt Dunn. Being self-employed means that I don't get a Christmas party, but thanks to Matt, this year I have been able to enjoy this one.
I have read A Day at the Office so the characters were familiar to me but you could easily read this as a stand alone book so don't worry if you've not read the previous book.
I felt that this book was a little bit life Love Actually; lots of storylines about couples and relationships with a festive back drop. I think Christmas is naturally a very romantic time and people are looking ahead to the future with the new year approaching; a great time period to set this type of book.
As usual, Matt Dunn's writing is witty and the dialogue between his characters is fast-paced and believable. I think my favourite character was Nathan and I was interested to see how things would work out for him.
The whole book takes place in just one day but Matt Dunn manages to pack so much in. The pace is good throughout and he manages to bring the individual story lines together effortlessly.
I usually try to read 2-3 festive books a year and I am so pleased that this has been one of them.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

I've received a copy of this one, so I'm excited to read it now. Anything that is similar to Love Actually is a win for me :) Great review! Happy Holidays, Dot!!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...