22.10.13

Book Review: Take a Look at Me Now by Miranda Dickinson

When Nell's on-off boyfriend Aidan calls her into his office, the last thing she expects is to lose her job. Heartbroken and unemployed, she makes a radical decision to blow her redundancy cheque and escape to San Francisco. But is the glamour of the city too good to be true? And can Nell leave her past behind?
I have enjoyed Miranda Dickinson's latest book so much. Take a Look at Me Now is a lovely, aspirational, entertaining and warm read. The only problem I had with it is that I now want to live in San Francisco!
Nell has lost her job, the shock made even worse by it being her on-off boyfriend firing her. Armed with her redundancy pay-out, Nell heads off to San Francisco where her cousin Lizzie is based. 8 weeks should be long enough to come up with a plan of action but the problem may be that she won't want to come back.
I have enjoyed all of the books I have read by Miranda Dickinson. Nell, like Miranda's other female characters is well, rounded, likeable and
more importantly, believable. Nell is worried about losing her job but she is not desperate to carry on in the same career. She has always wanted to run her own American diner so where better to do some research then one of the greatest American cities?
My favourite part of the book was San Francisco . Miranda's enthusiasm and in-depth research was clear to see. I felt that she really brought the city alive in the book and I found myself researching the places that explores during her visit.
I would highly recommend Take a Look at Me Now. Miranda Dickinson's writing is up-lifting and entertaining; I think she brings a breath of fresh air to this genre and I'm already excited about her future books.

Dot Scribbles Rating: 5/5
Pages: 416
Publisher: Avon

Take a Look at Me Now is out October 24th!!!

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...