21.5.12

New feature for Dot Scribbles

I mentioned last week on Twitter that I would be starting a new feature on Dot Scribbles. It is something that I have been thinking about for a while so I am excited to finally tell you about it.
I love reading and always have done since I was a child. My other favourite past time is cooking and baking. It is not something that  I have ever really talked about on the blog but I thought why not as it involves a rather large collection of recipe books.
My hobby has also crossed over into work life in the past few months as my lovely sister and I have opened our first cake shop. Vintage House Bakery opened it's doors a few weeks ago and is proving very popular, so now I get to bake most days and call it work!
Anyway, I have digressed a little, the new feature on Dot Scribbles will be recipe book reviews. I know that this won't be everyone's cup of tea and they will in no way be replacing the fiction book reviews that you normally find here. However, I would love to review some of my favourite recipe books on here and you never know, maybe one day there could be a Vintage House Bakery book sitting on my shelf!
If you do have a favourite recipe book then do let me know as it's great to hear what other people have enjoyed. The first recipe book review from me will go up later this week and they will be in a separate tab on the top, I hope that you enjoy them!

11 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I love recipe book reviews!!!!

Vintage House Bakery said...

I am so excited about this, it is going to be fabulous! There is no-one that I would rather be doing this with than you my lovely and there are plenty of exciting times ahead I am sure xx

verity said...

Ooh, that's exciting - I have about a million bakery books - I expect I'll be able to let you know what I've liked making from some of them, and expect that I'll end up wanting to purchase the ones that I don't have!

Dot said...

Vivienne- That is very good to hear!

Vintage House Bakery- Thank you lovely!

Verity- I can imagine that you have many bakery books!!

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

Congratulations on opening your cake shop! How wonderful! Where is Vintage House Bakery? I'd love to come and check out your lovely cakes next time I'm in the area! (although being gluten and lactose intolerant I'd probably have to just watch as my hubby enjoyed the delicious goodies on offer!) Well done you!! :)

Nadia said...

Congrats on the bakery - how exciting! And I love the name of it, too! As far as reviewing recipe books - I love that idea, as I also love to cook and bake, so I'm looking forward to those upcoming reviews. Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorite chefs - I love her books!

Dot said...

Suzy- We are in Stoneygate in Leicester, not sure how close that is to you!

Nadia- thank you! She's great isn't she!

Paula Aurora said...

Glad I have stumbled across your blog! I love anything to do with baking, vintage or reading. Always looking for tips for my next read xx

Jo said...

Congratulations

Looking forward to the recipe reviews, especially as I am wanting to get back into baking more. Waistline does not always agree.

Good luck with your new venture.

Dot said...

Paula- thanks for stopping by!

Jo- My waistline very rarely agrees either!

Kim said...

This is so exciting, can't wait to hear more about VHB and about baking.
All the very best to you and VHB.
Keep us posted!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...