18.4.11

Book Review: To Marry a Prince by Sophie Page

Bella Greenwood isn't a fairytale girl. If pushed, she'd probably tell you that her perfect wedding would involve a handful of close friends and family. But as she's never met anyone she'd like to marry, it's a moot point.
Until, in a midnight garden, Bella is helped out of an embarrassing situation by a tall, dark, handsome man with laughing eyes. And suddenly her life changes for ever, because the man is the world's most eligible bachelor: Prince Richard, heir to the throne.
Richard sweeps her off her feet, and before she knows it they're engaged, which is when Bella's problems really begin. Suddenly she's public property and as if it isn't enough to have her every move watched- while also learning to curtsy and negotiating the etiquette of how to address her future mother-in-law- she soon finds herself embroiled in bridesmaid politics, a right royal hen night, and a wedding dress controversy that causes a national scandal...
Can this ordinary girl survive the preparations for her very own royal wedding?
To Marry a Prince is a great book to get you in the mood for the upcoming Royal Wedding. Sophie Page has Bella and Richard as the main characters but they are clearly representing Prince William and Kate Middleton.
You don't have to be a devout royalist to enjoy this book. I am not a huge fan of the royal family but I still enjoyed this modern, romantic, fairytale.
I'm not sure how Sophie Page did her research but I felt that she painted a very honest and realistic picture of what it is like to grow up in the royal family. Prince Richard is a lovely character but you can feel the immense pressure he is under and the scrutiny that he endures from the public and his own family. Bella is  very normal and extremely independent and headstrong. She makes allowances for Richard but she is in no way a pushover.
I read To Marry a Prince very quickly and I found the writing to be very addictive. It is like getting a sneak peek behind the scenes at Buckingham Palace, you almost forget that it is a work of fiction.
Sophie Page has written a highly entertaining and relevant book. If you allow yourself to be taken off in the fairytale world of royal palaces and tiaras then you will enjoy this one.

Many thanks to Arrow for sending me this book to review, it is out now!

2 comments:

Nadia said...

This sounds like such a fun read. And I love that you read it right before Wills and Kate's big day. I'll definitely be adding this one to my Kindle. Thanks!

Jules said...

Not sure that this one is for me.

Jules

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...