15.12.09

I'm still here!!!!


I've just realised that I haven't posted for a whole week!! I have been so busy, I was determined to be organised for Christmas this year but it really hasn't happened! I only bought wrapping paper and cards last night! No mince pies have been made or cupboards filled with Christmas delights!
I am still reading though but I have to say that Too Close to Home is turning into a bit of a hard slog, I am on chapter twenty three and still waiting to be gripped, really disappointed as I loved No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay. Hopefully there will be more posting going on next week but in the meanwhile I hope that you are all enjoying the run up to Christmas and that you are more organised than me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no I was so looking forward to Too Close Too Home. Love the picture you have used today... Christmas panic is suddenly going on in my household this week.

Nadia said...

Love the pic you posted! And with regards to the holiday season - its a crazy time for us all. I'm still shopping for gifts and have yet to bake the cookies. It seems like there is still so much to do. Yikes! I haven't blogged in ages, so I totally understand where you are coming from. Just enjoy the holiday season and read what you can, when you can. Cheers!

Dot said...

Simon and Nadia- thank you, I love the picture too!! I am feeling a lot calmer now, wrapped most of my presents and bought the mince pie ingredients!!

verity said...

Imp[ressed that you're planning to make MPs!

Dot said...

Verity- thank you, my husband comes from a family where shop bought mince pies are not allowed so I have had to learn to make them, bit late this year though!!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Mince pies are pretty unknown to us in the U.S. -- myself included! -- but I'm willing to bet they're delicious! :)

We're still busy getting ready/organized for Christmas, too... we have our holiday party at work tomorrow, and I have yet to get all the prizes together for the decorating contest I'm sponsoring! Yikes! I'll be doing all of that tonight :)

Happy early holidays!

Dot said...

Meg- Oooh Mince Pies are lovely! Hope that you have a lovely party and enjoyt the holidays!

Kim said...

Love the picture. I just found chipolata sausages and real Danish bacon - which is quite an accomplishment here, so, Christmas can happen now we have all the right ingredients.
Hope you have a wonderful time and Merry Christmas, Dot.

Dot said...

Kim- glad that you have found the right ingredients!! Hope that you have a really lovely Christmas too!

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...