4.12.08

Booking Through Thursday- Favourites


1. Do you have a favorite author?
I haven't been able to pick just one but have managed to narrow it down to two and they are Jane Austen and Daphne Du Maurier. I love them both!


2. Have you read everything he or she has written?

I believe that I have read everything by Jane Austen as also did several of her novels during my degree. I am slowly working my way through Daphne Du Maurier- I am stopping myself from reading them one after the other as I really look forward to starting a new one!

3. Did you LIKE everything?
Hmmmm I have loved all of Daphne Du Mauriers book so far and Rebecca is the best book that I have ever read. The only Jane Austen book that I haven't really enjoyed was Mansfield Park and I think that it is mainly becuase I did it for English Literature A-level and we really pulled it apart. I should probably try reading it again just for enjoyment rather than trying to pass an exam on it!


4. How about a least favorite author?

I don't think that I can pick one, I have come across several authors whose books just haven't been right for me but nobody stands out in particular.

5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t?

This has to be Charles Dickens for me but I haven't given up hope yet. I really wanted to like him and tried reading Hard Times and I just really didn't enjoy it. Maybe that just wasn't the right book of his for me- there are plenty of others to choose from!

6 comments:

Beth F said...

Du Maurier is a good choice. I hadn't thought of her.

SmilingSally said...

Dickens is difficult; I would agree. He's so wordy, but he tells a good story. Please come visit to see my answers.

Lynda said...

Jane Austen is one of my favourites too.
I used to find Dickens difficult to like, but he's grown on me over the years.

R. said...

I wonder if everyone wants to like Dickens just cos you are sort of expected to. Jane Austen is a favourite amongs many, but few like Mansfield Park. I've never read that, so that'll go on my list.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any du Maurier. I've started 'Rebecca' but I got distracted by Oscar Wilde!

Dickens can be difficult, but I think if you're in the right mood, it really can be satisfying. I had to read 'Bleak House' for uni in less than 2 weeks (and i'm a slow reader). It was tough but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

gautami tripathy said...

Du Maurier is GOOD!

Booking through favourites

Kill Word Verification

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...