14.11.08

My first award!


Well this brightened up my day, Smilingsal over at Book Critiques gave me a Bookworm Award and tagged me in the following Meme:
Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following there.

The book closest to me is Things I want my Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble which is what I am currently reading and page 56 goes as follows:

Behind him people were dancing. The music was a skilfull mix of the songs that reminded them of their youth- in all its abandoned, gilded freedom, while convincing them that they still had it. Not so loud it forbade conversation, or so quiet that it permitted abstinence. Like everything else it was perfect. She felt a wave of gratitude wash over her. She was so lucky.
I am really enjoying this book and it was a present from one of my best friends so even better! Thank you to Smilingsal for my award, I am going to have to think of 5 people to pass this on to.

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...